Church  

There are four churches in Enderby

St John the Baptist - Church of England

originally built about 1230

largely rebuilt in 1868

http://enderbyparishchurch.org/

the vicarage is shown on the left of the photo

   

United Reformed Church

The original Congregationalist Independent Chapel was built in 1822 and then enlarged in 1860.

It is used as a church hall now but the original layout can still be seen inside

 

The Manse is next door

 

 

   
A new building was built next door and opened 25 April 1910

The United Reformed Church can be seen off right of centre in the photo

 

   
Primitive Methodist Church c1900

Just down from the Dog & Gun public house on Cross Street

First built in 1849

 

   
awaiting photo

Enderby Mission Church, Moores Lane

Built in 1890 by Ralph Walker from Enderby Hall.  Originally known as the Quarryman's Mission it was built to serve the spiritual needs of the increasing Enderby population with the expansion of the local quarries

The building was substantially altered and modernised in 1989

www.enderbymissionchurch.org.uk