• A Church of England School (National School) was endowed in 1759 by Richard SMITH. It stood on Blaby Road and was last enlarged in 1891 and in 1896 to hold 400 children [photo above]


  • A Church of England Infants' School was built on Cross Street in 1880. It was enlarged in 1891 to hold 200 students. [Village Institute building still standing]


  • A County Council School opened in September 1906, large enough for 330 children [Townsend Road School - now closed]